Monday, February 8, 2010

Method 5, Part 2

I have used Flickr quite a bit on a personal level to view family members' photo albums. It's a great way to keep in touch. My daughter-in-law is a photographer and has posted some of her work on Flickr, as well. While most of my relatives set privacy levels, some do not, and that concerns me, particularly with young children being the subject of the photo.

As far as using Flickr to store photos of our school library events, etc., I have decided not to go that route. Even though our school has all students sign a consent/release form every year, I feel that, at this point, the risks outweigh the benefits for our library. We will, however, continue to publish photos of library-sponsored events, such as the Kathleen Kent author visit, on our library page on the school website.

No comments:

Post a Comment