Sunday, February 14, 2010

Method 11

Most of us have heard the messages about the availability of podcasts at the end of radio programs on stations such as NPR. You can subscribe to podcasts through My YaHoo! iTunes, or you can download to any MP3 device.

As part of this module, I was happy to learn of several additional sources for podcasts, and I listened to podcasts about young adult books on two sites. One site, however, required that an aggregator be downloaded, which I did not do.

In the past, I have used short podcasts I've found of authors reading passages from their books in booktalks I've given to students. I've also listened to quite a few booktalk podcasts to keep up with young adult literature. Now I'm thinking that creating and posting my own podcasts of booktalks on our library website sounds like another good way to reach students and to advertise our collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment